Monday, April 27, 2009

It is official

Rumors were about of radical changes in school, and I suspected as much. Yesterday, I was handed the pink slip by the Foreign Affairs Office secretary of the college, Caroline Gao stating that they "are sorry to tell me of their decision. They won't sign me for another year." And a Green Day song pop ups in my mind - Good Riddance ;)

Nope, I am not being sarcastic about the whole situation. I am confident that I will be able to get employment with another college.

So, what is the reason for this dismissal after 6 years of loyal service? From what I have heard the school has recruited three Europeans to teach Oral English. But I think it is more than that. Recently, we've been having parties outside our apartment building, and apparently some of the leaders in school didn't appreciate the "noise and rowdiness" that attracted many students, especially non-English majors, to approach the foreigners to talk and "make friends" with us.

"It's something unpredictable but in the end it's right; I hope you have the time of your life."

May Day holiday, however short it is, would hopefully give me the time to relax and recuperate from this nagging cold that I can't seem to shake off. I hope the Samans would be around too. I enjoy their music, their company and their friendship. Big hey to Manchu!

No comments:

Post a Comment