Saturday, April 4, 2009

Eleven o'clock

And it is eleven o'clock in the evening, and I have just finished much of the things I needed to do. Also, I have just been reading several emails from my students' homework and overwhelmed by their enthusiasm to express their opinions in written words.

I was going to highlight one or two of the best but it had become so difficult to choose. There are several outstanding submissions from several students. I had to get my wife to read some of them, and it pleased her to note the younger generation's perspectives on love. One student even have to write that it was a fantasy, an imaginative setting but I can assure you all that the song is very real. Read my Facebook confession to see the complete lyrics and understand more about the background of the song where I explained at the end of my note how the whole evening inspired me to write it.

I haven't made any preparations for my classes next week. Well, actually I have but I have to move those for the week after because I needed to get all the homework graded and submitted to our dean, Mr. Andy Xu.

What I was thinking is, since this week will be their printed homework submissions, I might get the students to read their compositions in class. I might also get them to do role plays based on their interpretations of the song. Well,it just an idea, and I would have to decide either tomorrow or on Monday what we will definitely do in class.

In the meantime, the extra days (Monday and Tuesday) would allow me to read the rest of my students' works.

No comments:

Post a Comment