Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday break

It's too bad that I didn't have my classes today, and it's good that my long weekend is extended until tomorrow. I resume my classes on Wednesday with 06111. My classes 070122 and 070125 are just going to have to miss on of our activities which is reading their compositions, and possibly a role-play regarding the song that I sang for them two weeks ago.

Anyway, I'm sure they will like what I've planned for my classes next week, which is about their video project. I need to follow-up on this or they will get into all sorts of problems prior to their exam requisites. At the beginning of the term, I stated to all my classes that in order for them to qualify for a final exam, they'd need to submit a video recording of them speaking. The videos can take the forms of a job application, an audition, or such.

I will be bringing my video camera to class but I'd need to borrow a tripod and buy several blank cassettes.

I hope no one in my classes will fall sick or be absent next week or they'll miss something that could be really useful to them. It is just an idea that I am trying to promote in the hope of helping them in their future quest for a better job. I know that this is an entirely unconventional way but it is nevertheless a good alternative.

Ahh, I have had such a good rest, and I am fully energized to jump back in to my discourses. I am also inspired by the number of email compositions I've received. They are much easier to grade than the ones the would be submitting in prints. Those will be checked with a red pen and submitted to our dean, Mr. Andy Xu (hopefully) in a week's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment