Monday, March 9, 2009

No classes on Tuesdays

That's right, and I have the whole day for myself. Two weeks into the semester have been good altogether. My classes are mostly responsive and ideas that I have put forward have been accepted. I have a really good feeling that this will be the best semester in my six years of teaching.

I am actually looking forward to my Reading English Corner. I've decided to use Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code. This Thursday, I will begin the Reading Corner with a video clip of the book's Prologue. I'll read a few paragraphs then invite any student who might want to try. I will talk to them about the advantages and disadvantages of the watching the movie and reading the book. I hope to have a discussion about the differences between the books Prologue and the clip I would show.

For next week's class, I hope to be able to show them a video clip of my desktop and ask the class to make a comparison between what they use in their computers and Linux. I guess my primary question for them would be, why do they use Windows? It is a good chance for me to advocate the use of Linux as an operating system.

Lastly, how could I be productive today? I should probably go fix the car or should I go get a haircut or not? NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment