Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Today's treasure hunt winner

As soon as my alarm clock woke me up at six o'clock today, I logged on because I was waiting for an important email since last night, and it hadn't come. I hurriedly called a Filipino who wanted to remain anonymous and informed him that the email hadn't arrived. I needed to shower and have my breakfast. By the time as I was done, I just had enough time to walk to class. Read more about Can The Law Protect Us?

While I was feasting my eyes on the melting ice and slush, I was thinking of what I was going to say as an introduction. Class Oh-six-triple-one is a new class. I've heard that they are a good class but I have to see for myself. Entanglements of phrases, a way to shock them so they'd way up and pay attention ... I finally had to go to the store to buy a pack of cigarettes.

Indeed, they were a good class, some of the students' participation are commendable. And I already have a winner on my treasure hunt ... an English Corner regular named Daisy. I have a lot to teach this class and if they can learn much of what I teach, I believe they can be a very good contender to the best of the graduating class, Oh-five-one-two-one.

Sally was also noticeably curious, perhaps even interested, in the video project. I explained that one of the class requirement for taking the final exam is to form groups and videotape a short segment. It could be in the form of a self-introduction, a simulated job application, an audition, etc.

We also discussed Common Sense and Transformation. Next week, I will start applying the Harkness Table but right now, I'm off to gather some materials for discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment