Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh-seven-oh-one-two-two and Two-five

I take great pride in my memory and it had been tested again today. To my surprise, I can remember all the names and faces of my old class from last semester, Class 070122. I also noted that they still remain pretty much the same ... inhibited in their oral responses. I am hoping that I will be able to influence them more this semester.

Class 070125 is probably more or less the same but as a new class for me, they are able to add a dash of freshness too complete my day's schedule. The two boys in this class, Jack and Jeffery need a little bit more encouragement than the girls. I met Rebecca, who is a familiar face fromthe English Corner last term, and the study monitor, Anita, who seem eager to offer her assistance for the improvement of her class. I like that.

I briefly talked to them about my experiences from my family's migration from the Philippines to my extended stay in China. I also gave them homework to do which they can submit before the end of the term. I even offered to give a final exemption to the first student in the classes to submit to me the name of the person who commented

"Good story.
I think you would make a good romantic novelist with your style of writing! :-)"

on one of my posts, and where it was posted. Our topic for today was TRANSFORMATION, and of course I had to push them a bit to give their responses. But overall, it was good, and I can't complain.

2 comments:

  1. After the 1st class in this semester,I decide to build a blog,too. "I am hoping that I will be able to influence them more this semester."As you say,I will make more efforts to study English and I haven't met a foreign teacher like you.Because things you tell us is very useful and interesting.I like tihs kind of class and I also learn a lot from it.Thank you very much~~^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Vivian. My ultimate desire as a teacher is to see my students fill up your knowledge pool in a practical manner.

    ReplyDelete