Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Third Week

This week will be about asking questions to guess a noun. I will divide the class into the same four groups as we had last week.

A student will first be chosen randomly from any group to look at the presentation slide (I will be bringing my laptop to class). The student will have a few seconds to read the definition of the word and look at the picture. The group will then take turns asking the student questions which can only be answered by a YES or NO (no MAYBEs and I DON"T KNOWs). The groups must be able to ask a total of 12 questions before any guesses will be allowed. After the twelfth question had been asked, the groups will continue guessing the right word. Each word will have a time limit of ten minutes.

The first group member to correctly identify the correct word earns a point for the group. There will be a scoreboard to keep track of the groups' points. The group with the highest number of points at the end of the class is the winner.

If no one is able to provide the correct word in the time limit, let the student read the definition out to the class. Take care that the student does not read the word. Allow the groups a minute or two to discuss the definition and look for an answer. Each group will only be allowed one answer. If no groups came up with the correct answer, instruct the student to reveal the answer.

I will be giving prizes to the winning group members.

3 comments:

  1. I will keep on writing my blog though there are many mistakes in my blog,I think I can do it better and better.There also has another problem is that I must take more exercises if I want to typewrite more quickly.Oh,there are still more for me to learn.^_^~~~Good night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, the more you practice, the better you get with it. Mistakes are OK because you know that you can still be better. I know many of you don't want to make mistakes so you don't even try. Would that make you better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the more you practice, the better you get with it"I will remember it.Thank you very much.I really learn a lot of from you.

    ReplyDelete